Hair Loss in Women
As in men, genetic causes are among the most common causes in women. Different degrees of Hair Loss can be seen in 30% of women. It is usually in the form of thinning of the hair and backsliding of the hairline. As in men, baldness does not usually occur. The thinning of hair strands with dilution is common.
Genetic factors are included in the Hair Loss section of our website.
Hair transplantation in women involves profound differences; first of all, dermatologists should make the diagnosis correctly with experience.
As in men, the 5-alpha-reductase enzyme is involved in genetic hair loss. Unlike men, the aromatase enzyme explains the conversion of widespread dilution to baldness.
Diagnosis is critical in treating treatment as systemic problems in women will also cause the same type of hair loss.
Hair loss due to health problems
- Obstetric and gynecological problems
- Hormone disorders
- Connective tissue disorders
- Nutritional problems
Classification of hair loss in women
Although there are different types of hair loss classification in women, the following classification is mostly used.
Diagnosis of hair loss in women
As mentioned above, healthcare professional opinion is required for accurate diagnosis since many factors can cause hair loss. Examination and history may be required for diagnosis and blood tests and biopsy for some conditions. Apart from these, miniaturization should be investigated by pulling tests and densitometer in physical examination.
What are the Most Important Causes of Hair Loss in Women
- Depending on Genetic Characteristics
En sık sebebidir. Aile öyküsü önemlidir.
2. Due to General Body Diseases
- Hormonal disorders
- Thyroid hormone disorders
- Increased testosterone
- Drugs: Drugs used for chronic diseases cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout, and high blood pressure drugs
- Serious stressful situations
- Overweight loss or Overweight gain
- Chronic diseases
3. Some hair models:
Hair models such as excessive hairstyling, ponytail, or excessively tense hair collection can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. A hair straightener, excessive blow-drying, keratin care, excessive hair dye use, etc
4. Skin Diseases
Diseases that leave scars on the scalp; we call them scarred alopecia; for example, FFFA, Lichen pilanopilaris
What are the Symptoms and Symptoms of Hair Loss?
Hair loss may start fast or slow, maybe in the form of loss or thinning, may be temporary or permanent, may concern only the scalp or all body hair.
Gradual thinning above the head: This is the most common hair loss in both men and women, which increases with age. In men, the hairline usually begins to recede from the forehead, resembling the letter M. In women, the hairline is usually preserved, rarely seen in the more posterior regions.
Circular or irregular bald spots: Some people have hairless areas in the scalp area, the size of flat and coins. This type of hair loss usually affects only the scalp but can sometimes also be seen in beards or eyebrows.
In some cases, there may be itching, burning, or pain on the skin before hair loss. Due to this, redness and scars may be seen.
Sudden loosening of the scalp: A physical or emotional trauma may cause loosening of the scalp. A handful of hair may fall out while brushing or washing your hair or after a light tug. This type of hair loss causes general thinning rather than baldness.
Hair loss throughout the body: Some conditions and medical treatments, such as chemotherapy for
cancer, can cause hair loss all over your body. Feathers usually come back.
Most baldness is caused by genetic features (male baldness and female baldness). This type of hair loss can be slowed down and stopped if an early diagnosis is made.
These tips can help you avoid catching preventable hair loss types;
- Tight hairstyles such as braids and ponytails should be avoided
- You should avoid bending, rubbing, or pulling your hair by force.
- Wash and brush your hair gently. A wide-toothed comb can help prevent hair pulling.
- Avoid harsh treatments such as hot cylinders, curling tongs, hot oil treatments, and permanent substances.
- Avoid medications and supplements that may cause hair loss.
- Protect your hair from sunlight and other ultraviolet light sources.
- Some studies show that there is a relationship between smoking and baldness in men.
- Using a cooling head during chemotherapy treatments may reduce hair loss
- Blood test
- Tensile test
- Light microscope
There are different treatment methods for various hair loss. Hair breaker, telogen eff, genetic hair loss,
Medical treatment methods:
- Causal treatment
- OCS, Spironolactone
- Laser treatments
- Stem cell therapy
Cosmetic closure methods:
- Anti-contrast and volume-enhancing hair models
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplantation removes the hair from the safe areas without shedding and transferring it to a sparse or open area. How is hair transplantation performed:
Can Natural Results Be Obtained With Hair Transplantation?
Almost 100% of natural results can be obtained.
- The hairline should be planned naturally before the procedure.
- The required number of grafts should be transplanted.
- The procedure should be performed by the standards that will ensure the survival of the grafts.
Is Hair Transplantation an Appropriate Method for Women?
Yes, it is an appropriate method for selected patients. The cause of hair loss should be correctly diagnosed.
- Genetic hair loss
- Scarred alopecia (treatment of scars on the scalp)
- Renewal of the hairline in patients with a broad forehead or with a more backward hairline.
- Eyebrow transplantation