Before the hair transplantation, you should know all possibilities and get information about the whole procedure. Before the hair transplantation, you can get incorrect information from your environment and social networks. Therefore, it is essential to get an expert opinion about hair transplantation. It would be best if you kept in mind that many factors affect the results of hair transplantation. Many factors, such as graft quality, loss, donor area density, age, nutritional habits, alcohol, and smoking, affect hair transplantation. First of all, it should be determined how much hair transplantation you need to get an accurate hair transplantation result. This starts with the evaluation of the area to be planted. This assessment should be made correctly and explained to the person accurately and understandably.
What to Consider Before Hair Transplantation Operation:
• You should quit smoking if possible one week before the operation. If you can’t do it, you should try to reduce it. Remember that smoking will reduce the healing process.
• It would be best if you stopped drinking alcohol one week before the operation.
• It would be best if you did not consume beverages containing coffee and caffeine. A week before hair transplantation, you should stop consuming green tea.
• You should inform the physicians who will perform hair transplantation about the drugs you use due to chronic (sugar, heart, blood pressure, etc.) or acute diseases.
• Stop using anticoagulants ( heparin, aspirin, coumadin, etc.) and multivitamins one week before the operation. These drugs can cause an increase in bleeding. Stop applying medication and lotion to your scalp and hair one month before the operation.
• Wash your hair before the operation, and do not use hair styling, hardening products such as gel or spray.
• Do not forget to have breakfast before you come for a hair transplant. If your operation is in the afternoon, you will need to eat before you arrive.
• During the operation, clothes that will not affect the head area should be worn, and the type of clothes you can wear and take off should be preferred. It would be more appropriate to wear a shirt.
• Take care not to drive after hair transplantation. Therefore, if you will come a long way to your vehicle’s operation, make sure that you have someone with you.